× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Capability

More
9 years 3 months ago #3138 by BeerDrinker
Capability was created by BeerDrinker
Hello All,

First post seems to have disappeared sohere goes again...

New to JooDB, new to Joomla and even new to MySQL but I do have some experience with SQL Server and MS Access so not a total beginner! I have an existing ASP powered CMS that I hope to upgrade using Joomla. I've installed JooDB and even from the basic version and comment on the web site about the pro version, I think it will work for me...

At the heart of my site is a database that stores information about our local pubs. The site uses a 'view' that is generated from several related tables. In most cases it just allows me to keep a history of each change and each change is datestamped which allows me to just query the latest records from each table along with the primary record number to create the page. To edit a record I need a hyperlink from each field which opens a form to either edit or append to that particular related table.

Does this sound possible with the Pro version? If it helps the existing site and data is (tried to insert link but not allowed) here and a typical record, (tried to inset link but not allowed)here. Is it possible to have a slideshow of associated phographs within the page?

I don't mind the €50 so long as there is a good chance it can do what I need. Although new to php, I don't mind the small amount of coding.

TIA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dirkjoest