× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Questions before buying pro-version

More
9 years 5 months ago #3037 by xgon
Hello,

I have 2 tables with data in a 1:n relation, say table_1 and table_n in a database outside joomla.

I want to associate SOME of the records in table_1 with each joomla user, in a third table, inside joomla (table_j).

When the association is done, I want to be able to show the records on table_1 that match table_j, as links, and clicking on the items of that list show the records associated in table_n.

Can this be done with the pro version?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3041 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Questions before buying pro-version
Not if you want to link tables within two different databases.
You JooDB database table must be in the same mysql-database.

In the pro version you can (a) define a special field which will be automatically filled the ID of the current user. So you can select entries by user and show the user only personal entries.

More
9 years 5 months ago #3043 by xgon
Replied by xgon on topic Questions before buying pro-version
I'm not sure if it can do what i want....
Can you provide a temporary licence to check if this extension can help me? 1 week is enough.

By the way, the pro licence is a file (or extension) installed on my server? It requores a connection to your server?

Thanks

More
9 years 5 months ago #3044 by joest
Replied by joest on topic Questions before buying pro-version
Sorry - no temporary licence.

Moderators: Dirkjoest