× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Pre-sales question

More
9 years 6 months ago #2995 by mini
Pre-sales question was created by mini
Hello,

I am considering getting the paid version of JooDatabase for a project I am working on. But before doing so, I would like to make sure JooDatabase will meet the project requirements before moving forward.

Here's what I would like to do:

I have a database with items such as part number, product description, price, etc. I see that with JooDatabase, I can easily display these records by either pulling up a SQL database, or importing via a spreadsheet -- depending on the version.

But I would also like to give team members the ability to do data entry from the front end, and enter new products and enter their part number, description, price, etc. The paid version of JooDatabase can do this -- right? Can the free version?

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #3007 by mini
Replied by mini on topic Pre-sales question
I am hoping this is a question which is easily answered.

May I get a response sooner than later?

More
9 years 6 months ago #3020 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic Pre-sales question
Yes it is possible.
The Pro-Version has a simple XML-Import version.

Its also possible to define a special joomla.usee_id field.
This field can be used to filter data entries for the current user. If a user enters or changes an entry it will be filled with his ID.

But it can be complicate if you ha a complex project with many subtables. You also need some skills in customizing your template!

I would propose you take the free version first and make some tests with the form view!
Take a look at the documentation database also. Especially functions like EDITBUTTON
joodb.feenders.de/support/documentation.html

Moderators: Dirkjoest