× If you expect answers you should describe your problem and give as much information's as possible. (SQL-Structure, Template Code, Joomla Version ...) Please read this before posting: joodb.feenders.de/support.html

Editing controller.php to change the email data?

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 6 days ago #1757 by ljackson1984
Hi All,

I wonder if someone could kindly help me,

I have a form using JooDatabase which sends me an email when someone submits it, I am trying to change the email subject and title

so i have looked in the controller.php file and have found the part that needs changing
		// send formdata to admin
		if ($params->get("infomail",0)==1) {
			$db->setQuery("SELECT email FROM `#__users` WHERE `id` ='".$params->get("infomail_user")."' LIMIT 1");
			if ($email = $db->loadResult()) {
				$MailFrom 	= $application->getCfg('mailfrom');
				$FromName 	= $application->getCfg('fromname');
				$subject = "JooDatabase - ".JText::_('New Database entry')." - ".$joodb->name;
				$body = $subject."\r\n";
				$body .= "Site: ".$application->getCfg('sitename')." - ".JUri::Current()."\r\n\r\n";
				$body .= JText::_('Recieved values')."\r\n===================\r\n";
				foreach ($item as $var=>$val) {
					$body .= ucfirst($var).": ".$val."\r\n";;
				}
				$body .= "===================\r\n".JText::_('Statusmessage').": ".$msg."\r\n\r\n";
				$mail = JFactory::getMailer();
				$mail->addRecipient( $email );
				$mail->setSender( array( $MailFrom, $FromName ) );
				$mail->setSubject( $FromName.': '.$subject );
				$mail->setBody( $body );

$sent = $mail->Send();
			}
		}

what i want to acheive is change the subject so that it includes the gym_discipline field text that the user submitted, but im not sure how to grab that particular form fields submitted data?

can anyone help
Thanks

Luke
Last edit: 11 years 6 days ago by joest.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #1760 by Dirk

ljackson1984 wrote: what i want to acheive is change the subject so that it includes the gym_discipline field text that the user submitted, but im not sure how to grab that particular form fields submitted data.

Look here
$subject = "JooDatabase - ".JText::_('New Database entry')." - ".$joodb->name;

The received values are in the $item array
$subject = "JooDatabase - ".JText::_('New Database entry')." - ".$item->['gym_discipline'];

Be aware that all changes in the controller.php will be lost after the next update!

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #1768 by ljackson1984
Replied by ljackson1984 on topic Re: Editing controller.php to change the email data?
Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your reply,

I'm having trouble pulling out the required data, and i think its because $item is not declaired until further in the script, so this line
$subject = "JooDatabase - ".JText::_('New Database entry')." - ".$item->['gym_discipline'];

is breaking the script as there is no $item until 3 lines later
				$body = $subject."\r\n";
				$body .= "Site: ".$application->getCfg('sitename')." - ".JUri::Current()."\r\n\r\n";
				$body .= JText::_('Recieved values')."\r\n===================\r\n";
				foreach ($item as $var=>$val) {
					$body .= ucfirst($var).": ".$val."\r\n";;
				}

at least thats what i think is happening? what ever it is that first line ($subject) is killing the script

any ideas please

Thanks
Luke

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #1778 by ljackson1984
Replied by ljackson1984 on topic Re: Editing controller.php to change the email data?
ok tried it again and its now working :) not sure what i did wrong first time lol

is there any way to prevent the controller.php file from being overwritten following an update?

many thanks for your help
Luke

Moderators: Dirkjoest